Overview and Logs for the Dev Assembly Held on 2019-10-20

Posted by: el00ruobuob / rehrar

<rehrar> Alright everybody. 17 UTC.
<rehrar> Assembly time.
<rehrar> 1. Greetings
<hyc> hey
<rbrunner> Hello
<kinghat> o/
<rehrar> small crowd right now?
<sech1> hello
<rehrar> effectively, maybe folks will trickle in.
<rehrar> Two weeks in the past I used to be at HCPP, so I wasn’t capable of be right here for a gathering. Was there one?
<dEBRUYNE> I’m right here
<rbrunner> No, neither 1 week in the past
<dEBRUYNE> I believe we determined to postpone it
<rehrar> okay, so
<rehrar> 2. What’s been accomplished for the reason that earlier assembly (a month in the past)
<hyc> quite a lot of PRs bought merged
<hyc> has the v12 forkheight been merged?
<moneromooo> Now you can sync off pruned nodes.
<moneromooo> Not but.
<dEBRUYNE> I believe that can most likely be on the final merge record earlier than we department
<dEBRUYNE> ^ rehrar
<moneromooo> vtnerd__: do you plan your newest community adjustments to go in for the fork ?
<vtnerd__> the one that’s up for assessment, sure that might be the hope (offered its decided to be prepared)
<vtnerd__> its not wanted for the hardfork, so if you happen to really feel it ought to wait, then my suggestion can be to attend for some extent launch
<vtnerd__> the issue is that re-testing a few of your suggestions are more likely to take up time earlier than the upcoming department, however I’ll strive
<moneromooo> I believe that and pay-for-service are the one massive ones left.
<moneromooo> Oh, and the defer tx verification one. Not big both however a bit substantial.
<rehrar> are both of these anticipated to be in?
<moneromooo> Hopefully all of them.
<moneromooo> pay-for-service goes subsequent, I’ve stored it ready for lengthy sufficient.
<hyc> sounds good
<rbrunner> Did I get that proper {that a} PR is ready in that batch that can trigger testnet to reorg again to some a lot earlier blockheight?
<hyc> not that I’ve seen
<hyc> ?
<rbrunner> Possibly I misunderstood then, whereas studying one thing up right here
<moneromooo> I stated so, however I used to be improper. The principles are completely different, however really coincide in apply.
<rbrunner> Shocking
<rbrunner> All the higher
<moneromooo> They will cease conciding whe nthe block dimension shoots up.
<rbrunner> So we solely want some seed nodes working for testnet … caugh … caugh
<moneromooo> gingeropolous added one, that’ll be merged quickly.
<rbrunner> Good
<hyc> dEBRUYNE: did not you pay money for fluffypony relating to seed nodes?
<dEBRUYNE> He posted an replace right here 1-2 days in the past
<dEBRUYNE> <fluffypony> re: testnet nodes, I have been having some points with the bins I run, however there are different folks operating testnet nodes in addition to me
<hyc> ah, I missed that. okay
<rbrunner> Particularly good that stagenet will get a 3rd seed node, with the one two to this point most likely simply sitting side-by-side and providing zero redundancy
<rbrunner> effectively, not zero, however you get what I imply …
<rehrar> Anything of be aware to debate on what’s been accomplished this previous month?
<hyc> appears like not
<rehrar> Alrighty.
<rehrar> 3. Fork associated issues
<rehrar> is there something that’s wanted, desired, needed, or in any other case must be mentioned relating to the upcoming fork.
<tevador> FYI, there can be most likely RandomX 1.1.5 with some OpenBSD-related fixes
<tevador> however greatest if 1.1.Four is merged first (1.1.5 does not want any adjustments in monero code)
<hyc> that is PR#5980 for v1.1.4
<tevador> sure
<rehrar> okay, no different fork associated subjects? If not we will transfer on.
<rehrar> Zipping by this assembly.
<rehrar> is anybody from GUI right here? dsc_ selsta
<selsta> sure we solely had bug fixes lately
<selsta> GUI is prepared for v0.15
<rehrar> okay
<rehrar> 4. Any Ticket/PR associated questions?
<rbrunner> By the best way, is there already a ultimate identify for the discharge? I may use it for adjusting the Home windows installer. Is it now crab one thing?
<hyc> carbon crab?
<hyc> I do not recall a ultimate identify resolution
<rbrunner> Yeah, that one
<rehrar> The place was the dialogue?
<rbrunner> Me neither, that is why I ask for certain
<rehrar> We will decide right here.
<rbrunner> I believe there was some chatter in a Reddit thread as soon as
<hyc> I believe some names bought tossed round on this channel a number of weeks in the past. however nothing determined.
<moneromooo> camelopardalis is satifyingly difficult.
<rehrar> you guys need to resolve now? Or not pressing?
<hyc> oh yeah, that was my suggestion
<moneromooo> I believe pony likes to depart it for a reddit vote the place folks cannot break issues
<hyc> we will do it now, there appears to be sufficient folks current
<hyc> ah
<dEBRUYNE> Pony often makes a Github thread and hyperlinks that to reddit iirc
<rbrunner> I’d additionally desire a Reddit thread, extra enjoyable for the followers, so to say
<dEBRUYNE> (re: identify)
<rbrunner> However why not quickly, e.g. tomorrow
<tevador> does the 24th Oct code freeze nonetheless apply?
<tevador> (it ought to)
<hyc> there was a point out of identify on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/d884zt/preliminary_information_thread_regarding_the/f2zfmr1/
<hyc> however fairly certain that was simply relaying a suggestion from right here on IRC
<rehrar> I could make a meta concern and hyperlink to it on the Reddit
<hyc> cool
<rbrunner> Yeah that was me, however I forgot the place I bought that Carbon Crab
<rbrunner> Sure, do go forward
<dEBRUYNE> rehrar: ought to I ask pony first if he needs to uphold the custom?
<hyc> (I’ve the earlier dialogue in chat logs, was on this channel a pair weeks in the past)
<moneromooo> Callisto alliterates properly too fwiw.
<rehrar> certain
<rbrunner> Hmm, sure certainly
<rbrunner> “Crab” could be very quick
<rehrar> Is there the rest to debate in addition to the naming?
<rehrar> Type of a free all the time.
<hyc> that is at all times the toughest drawback in computing…
<rbrunner> So it appears to be like surprisingly good for this code-freeze
<rehrar> it is as a result of we prolonged it out an additional month?
<rehrar> Alright, effectively if there’s nothing else to debate, then we will go forward and break. Doughnuts are on the desk in your manner out.


Put up tags : Dev Diaries, Monero Core, Cryptography



Read the original article here