Zilliqa Month-to-month E-newsletter — January 2020
We now have had a really promising begin to 2020 right here at Zilliqa! We’re rising right into a stronger group with key new hires, and proceed to make our platform sturdy to reinforce consumer expertise on our platform. We’re additionally making strides in making use of blockchain for a extra genuine digital advertising and marketing business by means of our sister firm Aqilliz’ efforts. All in all — we’ve acquired a lot within the pipeline to sit up for. However earlier than we delve any deeper into these updates, a very powerful and time-sensitive reminder is the token swap deadline, which is 15 February 2020 — simply 9 days away!!
You’ve heard this track earlier than — however we’ll say it once more. In case you miss out on exchanging ERC-20 ZILs for mainnet $ZIL by this date, your tokens can be frozen endlessly.What are you ready for? The clock’s ticking. Get shifting to maintain your property secure! Go to this web page for additional particulars.
Welcome to the group, Saayan!
We’re thrilled to announce the appointment of Saayan Choudhury who has joined us as our new Chief Know-how Officer. Saayan fills a important place at a time of fast development and can be main the Platform Workforce’s efforts to repeatedly enrich our technical structure, retaining it aggressive and guaranteeing that it’s sturdy, resilient, and adaptable for enterprise use. As we proceed our journey into funds and the broader monetary providers house, guaranteeing that our infrastructure is supported with the mandatory capabilities can be essential to our success.
As a seasoned chief within the expertise sector with 20 years of worldwide expertise,Saayan brings a wealth of information and a world perspective to this function. Having held varied senior software program improvement and R&D positions throughout Singapore, Australia, and India, he possesses a deep-domain understanding in areas spanning blockchain, cybersecurity, DevOps, and e-commerce.
In 2004, Saayan based a profitable computing outsourcing firm,Versine, bringing with him a eager understanding of all the lifecycle of software program product improvement and what it takes to domesticate an concept right into a full-fledged product. Along with his first-hand expertise as an entrepreneur, Saayan understands the wants and tempo of a high-growth tech start-up.
Most just lately, Saayan was the Lead Engineer at GroundLabs in Singapore, the place he performed an instrumental function in growing GroundLabs’ flagship Enterprise Recon cybersecurity software program .
Saayan holds a PhD in Pc Engineering from RMIT College in Australia and an Government MBA from INSEAD in France, and a Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) in Pc Science from Birla Institute of Know-how and Science (BITS), Pilani.
All it’s worthwhile to know concerning the Incognito Partnership
Privateness instruments are central to real-world usability of blockchain, and producing extra belief within the crypto-sphere. Alongside safety, we now have been prioritising privateness options on Zilliqa by becoming a member of palms with business wizards, in order that our customers can take part, commerce and transact with none issues.
- The target: Aiming to offer our customers with a safer transaction expertise, Zilliqa has just lately collaborated with Incognito, an open-source, blockchain-agnostic privateness options supplier
- The advantages: ZIL token holders will now profit from utterly confidential asset transfers secured by cryptographic algorithms. With the purpose of enabling full anonymity for transactions made utilizing the platform’s native ZIL token, Incognito will permit merchants, builders, and customers to learn from a variety of privacy-oriented enhancements on the community. This may embody entry to pZIL, a 1:1 non-public model of the ZIL token, and quick liquidity for pZIL which can be listed on Incognito pDEX, a decentralised trade
- How easy is that this?! pZIL may be saved, despatched, acquired, and traded with full privateness the place transactions are obscured from any public ledger. To show off these privateness options and withdraw their pZIL, customers merely must ship pZIL to their ZIL pockets of alternative
Lucidity and Aqilliz collectively drive #BlockchainforMarketing utilizing Zilliqa’s high-performance platform
Aiming to get rid of advert fraud and convey extra authenticity to the digital advertising and marketing setting, our sister firm Aqilliz has joined palms with Lucidity, a number one blockchain-enabled digital promoting verification platform.
This challenge will combine Lucidity’s current expertise with our blockchain infrastructure, and can be able to aggregating and processing giant portions of knowledge from a number of sources with assurances of utmost safety and scalability — that are two of our experience areas!
This product can be designed to devour and analyse information factors from varied sources by means of sensible contracts in close to real-time, permitting for larger cost-efficiencies and decreasing the necessity for third-party intermediaries.
Leveraging the insights gained throughout Challenge Proton, we’re thrilled to assist Aqilliz and Lucidity, and take a step additional in disrupting the digital advert business. Learn extra right here and right here.
Neighborhood Engagement & Schooling
- Singapore meet-up and panel this night: Be a part of us should you’re on the town! We’re internet hosting a neighborhood meet-up at present themed round “Digital Belongings in ASEAN: The Subsequent Stage” with our companions Xfers, CoinHako and Elliptic, and business leaders. In case you are in Singapore, please be part of and present us your Zilliqa spirit! Register right here: http://bit.ly/zilliqasg
- OpenNodes Academy Workshops: As a part of our ZILHive Schooling’s imaginative and prescient to continually educate and upskill expertise, we now have teamed up with OpenNodes Academy to host tailor-made workshops for expert builders and aspiring tech leaders. Following the appliance interval this January, we can be choosing 16 candidates to a part of the workshop with a full scholarship! These candidates will get an opportunity to get hands-on coding expertise with actual initiatives constructed on the Zilliqa platform, alongside mentors who’ve developed our protocol! The workshops are scheduled to run by means of February and March 2020, and we hope to establish individuals who can be part of our rising $ZIL household or push the business ahead with artistic software concepts.
New Itemizing — Tokocrypto
$ZIL is now accessible on Tokocrypto, Indonesia’s main trade — with supported buying and selling pairs in ZIL/IDR. ZIL is on the market for buying and selling instantly with supported buying and selling pairs in ZIL/IDR.
As one in every of Southeast Asia’s established enterprise-grade blockchain platforms, the itemizing on Tokocrypto comes at a wonderful time as Zilliqa goals to additional interact with the area’s customers and assist drive its crypto ecosystem ahead. Tokocrypto just lately ran a buying and selling contest for all its registered customers, rewarding them with a complete of Rp25 million!
- Zilliqa model
6.1.0has been launched. This model primarily fixes some practical bugs to multi-message sensible contracts, which was a just lately launched characteristic in model
- The most recent model addresses the issue of monitoring inside transactions (i.e., transactions executed inside contract calls) by including a brand new “transition” subject within the contract transaction’s receipt. Please confer with the launch notes and API documentation for extra details about this replace
- The mainnet has now been upgraded to Zilliqa model
6.1.0and Scilla model
- We now have additionally decreased the variety of Zilliqa Analysis-hosted shard nodes (i.e., shard guards) by 180, in keeping with our work to allow extra miners to take part within the community
- Preparation (code motion and refactoring) for separating out scilla-base as a separate package deal is now installable with opam
- Work on the compiled execution framework for Scilla is progressing, with a subset of pure expressions now having the ability to execute end-to-end (compilation from Scilla -> LLVM-IR -> JIT compile on VM -> execution)
- Bug fixes have additionally been included
Our Head of Progress and Technique Kenneth Bok just lately spoke on the promise of decentralised finance, particularly in rising economies and the ASEAN area on the Crypto 2020 On-line Summit, hosted by Crypto 101 Podcast. Missed it? Don’t fear — you’ll be able to nonetheless watch the presentation on the beneath hyperlink, at round 5:03:00.
Reply Key to December publication’s crossword puzzle
Down 1: Wyoming; Down 2: Stark (referring to Elizabeth Stark of Lightning Labs); Down 3: Augusta (referring to Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace, the daughter of Lord Byron)
Throughout 4: ZKSnarks; Throughout 5: fork; Throughout 6: Aragon
For additional info, please contact us on: