New Governance Updates in July and Token Requirements
In June, we continued to work on the replace that we beforehand introduced to the group in Could. And at this level, we’re nearly completed with the event and at the moment are commencing testing and QA for stabilization of the replace.
Under is the projected timeline for the discharge:
- 07/14: Launch the replace to Pagoda, Yeouido
- 07/20: Launch replace to exchanges
- 07/27: Launch replace to Mainnet
We will even replace ICONex Chrome, ICONex Cell, and ICON Tracker to assist the brand new options.
Based mostly on group requests, we’ve got labored on a number of options to reinforce the governance expertise of the ICON community. Based mostly on this suggestions, we are going to quickly add P-Rep personal key dualizing, staking, and delegating features in SCORE, a number of unstaking intervals, and a perform to extend the variety of delegations from 10 to 100. Particulars of every function may be discovered beneath.
P-Rep Personal Key Dualizing perform
- Permits P-Reps to register an extra key, the important thing used to supply and validate a block, to the ICON Community.
- Presently, when an ICONist tries to register as a P-Rep, the ICONist’s key will routinely be registered as a key for the node, and the keystore must be put into the docker.
- With this replace, ICONist can register a separate further key for P-Rep nodes once they attempt to register as a P-Rep.
- The ICONist public deal with will probably be used to take part in governance, obtain reward, and solely the node key you could have registered are included within the docker.
- Due to this fact, the ICONist’s public key doesn’t enter the docker, however solely the important thing of the node enters the docker. It may be understood that the proprietor of the node and the important thing for node operation are separated.
Staking and delegating perform in SCORE
- Permits SCORE to stake and delegate on to P-Reps.
- Since ICON Community has a block reward for voting, if a SCORE can vote to a P-Rep, the SCORE can also obtain a reward and distribute it to the ICONists who deposited ICX to the contract.
A number of Unstaking Durations
- Permits ICONists and SCOREs to have separate schedules for unstaking.
- Presently, an ICONist can solely submit one unstaking request to the community. With this replace, ICONist will be capable of submit a number of unstaking requests (as much as 1000).
Extension of the variety of delegation slots
- Permits an ICONist to vote as much as 100 P-Reps.
Extra developments through the month
We continued to make progress on further IRC token requirements for the ICON community. We hope to launch extra info on these requirements within the coming weeks.
ICON official group
Homepage : https://icon.foundation
Medium (ENG) : https://medium.com/helloiconworld
Brunch (KOR) : https://brunch.co.kr/@helloiconworld
KakaoTalk (KOR) : https://open.kakao.com/o/gMAFhdS
Telegram (ENG) : https://t.me/hello_iconworld
Telegram (KOR) : https://t.me/iconkorea
Fb : https://www.facebook.com/helloicon/
Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/helloicon/
Twitter (Basis) : https://twitter.com/helloiconworld
Twitter (Republic) : https://twitter.com/IconRepublic
F.A.Q Portal : https://helloiconworld.freshdesk.com/support/home
Contact : [email protected]