New technical developments from 0x Labs and the 0x ecosystem
Each month, the 0x Labs staff hosts a dwell video name that’s open to anybody fascinated about studying and discussing our present initiatives and technical roadmap. You possibly can view earlier calls on our YouTube channel and Github.
Along with YouTube, we publish the recording right here on our weblog, together with the agenda, presentation slides, and related hyperlinks to study extra.
Watch the July Developer Replace recording under, comply with together with the slides, and subscribe to the developer mailing checklist to get notified about upcoming calls and information.
Matters lined on this month’s name:
- Matcha launch [1:34]: 0x Labs launched Matcha, a easy decentralized crypto trade powered by 0x API. Throughout the name, we reiterated Matcha’s product design ideas and the DEX consumer ache factors the staff is targeted on fixing.
- Roadmap replace [4:30]: We went by way of the checklist of tasks the staff has prioritized for the reason that final name.
- Trade proxy [6:18]: The Trade Proxy contract is now deployed on mainnet, and shortly it is going to be linked to 0xAPI by way of a brand new model of the
/swapendpoints. The contract specs are revealed right here. We went by way of among the first transformers that will likely be included within the first model of the Trade Proxy.
- WETH unwrapper transformer [8:08]: This transformer permits customers to commerce ETH natively, with out having to cope with WETH. When buying and selling ERC20 tokens for ETH, it unwraps the WETH obtained by the maker, and sends the ETH to the taker. In a specular approach, it additionally wraps ETH into WETH when buying and selling ETH for ERC20 tokens (just like the Forwarder, which doesn’t help the unwrapping).
- Affiliate charges transformer [9:58]: This transformer permits to specify flat payment to be extracted from the takerAsset, and despatched to the indicated affiliateAddress. This provides an analogous conduct to what’s at present supported by the forwarder contract, however prolonged to any takerAsset kind. The contracts have been deployed, however the 0xAPI tooling (together with Asset-Swapper) has not been up to date. 0x Labs would possibly search assist from the group to bridge this hole.
- FillNonNative transformer [17:10]: The FillNonNative transformer, at present nonetheless being developed, will permit routing onchain orders on to the liquidity bridges, bypassing the Trade v3 pipeline. This may permit a big lower in gasoline prices. Along with that, these kind of orders (not being originated by 0x market makers) won’t require a protocol payment.
- RFQt liquidity [20:09]: Request For Quote (RFQ) liquidity is now out there. Presently being served to Matcha and Zerion, it permits customers to get customized quotes on the time of the fill. Within the name, we went by way of the move with examples from Matcha.
- Mesh graphQL API [24:32]: The staff is engaged on a brand new set of Mesh graphQL API, to interchange the JSON RPC interface in v10. The intent is to enhance the node querying capabilities, and finally unify and simplify the way in which customers can entry p2p liquidity.
- ZEIP-79 vote [28:12]: ZEIP-79 proposes to lower the protocol payment multiplier to 70,000 (now 150,000). The vote is dwell now, and there’s an lively group dialogue within the 0x discussion board.
- Ecosystem replace: Augur [30:00]: Paul from Augur walked us by way of Augur V2, the brand new model of the prediction markets protocol that can launch (with a brand new app) on July 28th.