Last week, the Ethereum 2.0 Medalla testnet launched. Ankr has finished the implementation with this most recent version of the network and has now made the Ethereum 2.0 Medalla testnet Validator available in the Node Market.
Medalla, the final testnet version before the long awaited Ethereum 2.0 mainnet, has exploded in traction with over 27,000 online validators and over 5000 more pending.
The community is in broad support for the new upgrade, with 656,832 testnet ETH staked (75% of the available testnet ETH for Medalla).
Ankr expects continued demand from users spinning up new nodes, and in this tutorial, we’ll show you how you can start your Medalla node on Ankr in less than 10 minutes.
Set up Ethereum Medalla Node on Ankr
1. Head to app.ankr.com to deploy and click the Deploy A Node button.
2. Search or scroll down to find the Ethereum Medalla card, hover over it and press Deploy button.
3. Now you are taken to the configuration page. The hardware configuration is already set at the recommended system requirements, but you can increase the specifications if you wish to do so by using the Advanced button.
4. The platform also recommends a cluster, which is usually the one that has the most freely available resources. In this particular case, the recommended cluster is the United Kingdom cluster, but another cluster may be recommended depending availability.
5. The Project Name for use in the Ankr application is pre-filled. You can change it if you want.
6. Now you need to upload your keystore and provide the associated password.
Please note: If you do not yet have a keystore / password, you need to generate deposit keys using the Ethereum Foundation deposit tool. More detailed instructions can be found here.
Ankr will not store this information anywhere, so make sure to back up this information safely!
7. Select your preferred payment option (ANKR ERC-20, ANKR Native, USDT or credit card). If you choose to pay with cryptocurrency you need to deposit funds on the generated address. Once the funds are received, you can proceed with the next step.
8. Click the Deploy Node button. Your node will start deploying, which will take approximately 5 minutes
9. Once your node is deployed you will be re-directed to the Information page. Here you can read more information about Ethereum 2.0 and the new Proof of Stake consensus algorithm. The link to the SON-RPC wiki provides more technical information.
10. On the Manage tab, you can find more information about your node by clicking the View buttons.
- Query node status
- Query peer count
- Query genesis
Q: Are there any rewards for running an Ethereum 2.0 testnet node?
A: No, the testnet Validator will not receive any rewards until Ethereum 2.0 supports transactions in phase 1.
Q: What can I do with my Ethereum 2.0 testnet node?
A: You can run a client and validate blocks.
You can find the most relevant FAQ’s and interact directly with our customer service agents at https://app.ankr.com, or contact the admins in our official Telegram Node Support group