New technical developments from 0x Labs and the 0x ecosystem
Every month, the 0x Labs team hosts a live video call that is open to anyone interested in learning and discussing our current initiatives and technical roadmap. You can view previous calls on our YouTube channel and Github.
In addition to YouTube, we publish the recording here on our blog, along with the agenda, presentation slides, and relevant links to learn more.
Watch the September Developer and Governance Update recording below, follow along with the slides, and subscribe to the developer mailing list to get notified about upcoming calls and news.
Topics covered in this month’s call:
- Roadmap [1:51] A regular snapshot of the current 0x development roadmap, including changes since the last meeting.
- 0x API new liquidity sources and data [2:51]: 0x Labs introduced 3 new liquidity sources to the smart order routing (SOR) in 0x API, taking the total number of sources to 12. We had a quick data deep dive on real-life trades 0x API, proving that the strategy of scanning multiple sources and splitting orders across them provides net value for the user.
- Bunnyhop [06:44]: 0x Labs introduced a new way of splitting orders that creates 2-hop routes when finding optimal prices. This is especially beneficial for token pairs that do not have direct liquid markets. For example, suppose the market [A-B] isn’t liquid: Bunnyhop can find a competitive price by ‘merging’ two liquid markets [A-C] and [B-C]. We went through the results of the simulations to prove its effectiveness.
- Mesh graphQL API playground [13:00]: The team published a Mesh graphQL playground for devs to get acquainted with the new interface. The playground is hooked into a live Mesh node. The upcoming Mesh v10 release will sport these graphQL APIs together with a more performant embedded DB service.
- Launch Kit and Instant deprecation [16:13]: Launch Kit and Instant will stop being actively maintained and supported by the 0x Labs team. By the next ecosystem dev call, 0x Labs is planning to detach the Instant package into its own repo, and potentially open a Gitcoin bounty to fund the development of a new release, subject to the proposal of the bounty applications.
- ZRX Portal bounty update [19:03]: iamonuwa started working on the ZRX Portal migration to web3-react (gitcoin bounty), in order to support WalletConnect natively from Desktop.
- Relay Margin [20:58]: Brandon from Radar walked us through Margin, the latest feature that allows users to open margin positions directly from the Relay trading interface. Margin leverages dydx protocol to open margin positions and connects to their own implementation of 0x API to ensure short or long positions are opened at the best prices.
- Governance discussion [34:45]: We added this new section to the call to give the community the opportunity to talk about topics not necessarily related to technical releases. We are planning to discuss the most interesting governance topics. This time we talked about proposals related to rewarding ZEIP creators with bounties, alternative staking rewards mechanics, and new transformers for the Exchange Proxy. If you have a topic you’d like discussed, post it in the 0x forum and tune for the next Ecosystem call.
See you next month! Subscribe to the developer mailing list or watch the github repository to be notified of the upcoming meeting date and time.