On Monday, Sept 28 we kicked off MoneyDance with a bang! The virtual event merges a hackathon, summit, and demo day all into one streamlined experience, and the speakers on our first day set a high bar for future summit speakers.
We’ve edited each segment down to a video on YouTube, so we’ll have a full library of content to access and revisit throughout the program and even after MoneyDance wraps up.
Here’s a brief overview of each segment, with a few highlights and hyperlink to their talk:
Keynote: John Wu, President of Ava Labs (Soon to be Uploaded)
- Welcome to MoneyDance and introduction to the program
- Overview of current DeFi market
- Three key areas of improvement for DeFi to grow
- We hear their crypto origin stories
- What they think is missing in DeFi, and what key technical issues aren’t being addressed
- Why they think DeFi could eventually overtake the global financial system
- What makes DeFi projects more likely to succeed
- What DeFi looks like a year from now
- Applying the “traditional” concept of cybersecurity to crypto and blockchains
- Trends in cybersecurity
- What the new “Pyramid of Pain” looks like for crypto and blockchains
- Polyient ecosystem, plans for how to build it out
- Evolution of NFT space to-date, and where Polyient sees it going next
- The investment thesis for NFTs
Corporations from the Future
Olaf Carlson-Wee, Founder and CEO of Polychain Capital
- How software is eating the traditional corporate structure, which will push us further from the traditional financial system
- How scalable, foundational technology can support these organizations to grow even faster with smaller teams
- How the future of corporate structures can operate, and what they enable
- Background on the Aave Protocol
- How Aave works
- Stats and growth of Aave
Thank you to all of our speakers for making the first day of MoneyDance a memorable one. We’ll see you all back here next Wednesday, October 7th as we dive deeper with:
- Haseeb Qureshi, Managing Partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX
- Kendrick Nguyen, CEO of Republic
- Zhen Yu, CEO of Torus
- Jason Yanowitz, Co-founder at Blockworks Group
- Adelyn Zhou, CMO of Chainlink
- Claire Kart, Head of Marketing at Coda Protocol
- Jay Kurahashi-Sofue, VP of Marketing at Ava Labs
- Yelena Osin, VP of Marketing at Fireblocks
Not yet registered for MoneyDance updates or the Hackathon?
Registrations for the summit and hackathon are free for everyone thanks to sponsorships from Avalanche, Polyient Games, Biconomy, and Quantstamp, and our Ecosystem Partners NGC Ventures, TRG Capital, Amplifi Capital, Lemniscap, and RenGen. Leading academic Partners include Cornell Blockchain, Seoul National University VMO Lab, and Anáhuac University.
For more information and to sign-up, go to www.MoneyDance.io.