New technical developments from 0x Labs and the 0x ecosystem
Every month, the 0x Labs team hosts a live video call that is open to anyone interested in learning and discussing our current initiatives and technical roadmap. You can view previous calls on our YouTube channel and Github.
In addition to YouTube, we publish the recording here on our blog, along with the agenda, presentation slides, and relevant links to learn more.
Watch the September Developer and Governance Update recording below, follow along with the slides, and subscribe to the developer mailing list to get notified about upcoming calls and news.
Topics covered in this month’s call:
- Roadmap [1:06] Regular snapshot of the current 0x development roadmap, including what has changed since last time
- 0xAPI v1 launch and performance report [2:37]: 0x Labs recently updated the 0x API /swap endpoints, sporting a lot of improvements in the smart order routing and in gas efficiency. The team has produced a comprehensive report on performance VS other aggregators (1Inch, Dex.ag, Paraswap) and Uniswap. During the call we went through all the different dimensions examined, which can be summarized in one finding: across the 60k trades simulated, 0x API scored the best value for users 7 times out of 10.
- Road to 0x V4 [20:00]: Exchange Proxy has enabled 0x Labs to de facto test in a production environment (on Matcha, using the /swap/v1 endpoints described earlier) the next version of the 0x protocol. In the call we went through the overall thinking about the next steps towards the 0x V4 community vote, to be held tentatively in January. Until then, the team will be focused on bringing settlement to the Exchange Proxy (benefitting RFQ and limit orders), updating the off-chain tooling, and starting the formal audits. There will be an intermediary vote (ETA mid-November) to register the new settlement functions to the Staking Proxy, in order to put the contracts to test in a production environment.
- Mesh v10.1 release [26:24]: After a few months in development and stress test with Augur v2, the team cut the v10.1 release sporting a new local node db and a set of graphQL APIs that provide flexibility when querying the open orderbook. The upgrade is backward-compatible from a network standpoint, but the JSON RPC interface won’t be supported anymore, replaced by the new graphQL APIs.
- “How can I contribute?” [28:00]: ever wondered how to get started with 0x? There are several ways to get involved and contribute — and no, that doesn’t necessarily require you to code. That depends on whether you are a developer, an enthusiast, a ZRX token holder, a market maker..Slide 17 contains all the pointers (with links) to help out and have an impact.
- ZRX Portal bounty update [35:41]: the latest updates on the work iamonuwa is leading to complete the migration of ZRX Portal to web3-react (gitcoin bounty), in order to support WalletConnect natively.
- Instant bounty update [38:12]: JoaoCampos89 was assigned the Instant revamp gitcoin bounty. As a reminder, Instant is a 0x-powered swap web widget. Joao proposed a promising plan to update Instant to use 0x API v1, remove some tech debt, and update the documentation.
See you next month! Subscribe to the developer mailing list or watch the github repository to be notified of the upcoming meeting date and time.