In 2020, VeChain continued on its mission towards mass adoption, unveiling multiple high-profile partnerships, new technical capabilities and facilitating the expansion of commercial projects from across industries such as healthcare, food safety, sustainability, and more.
During the year, we were fortunate enough to have witnessed a diverse array of community generated content published across various media channels — from articles to videos, art, and music. VeChain’s reputation continues to blossom at the grassroots and for that, we are ever grateful. An active community is a key pillar of any blockchain project and we are fortunate to harbor one of the largest and most active communities of all.
We are also incredibly fortunate to have attracted many highly talented developers who have built new tools, dApps, and capabilities for VeChainThor. We owe them a debt of gratitude for their contributions. We are excited to announce the tools and services being built to enhance their experience in the coming months.
Also, as ever, we thank our dedicated community admins for continuing to manage our social media channels across Reddit, Telegram, Facebook, and more. Their efforts ensure the VeChain ecosystem continues to remain a place where meaningful discussions can be held in friendly, civil environments.
With these notions fresh to mind, it is time, once more, to vote for your choices in the Community Contributor Awards 2020!
The 2020 Edition of the Community Contributor Awards
The VeChain Community Contributor Awards are held in recognition of our immense appreciation for the efforts of our community in all its forms. As with last year’s event, the awards are open to any community member that positively contributes to the VeChain ecosystem and both the nomination and voting process will be carried out completely by you, the VeChain community.
Please carefully read the rules below to participate in this year’s community contributor award:
Please note that nominations for VeChain Foundation staff, steering committee members, and advisors will be ruled out.
1.Select Nominees from any of the following categories:
Technical Developers, Community Administrators, Influencers, Evangelists, Content Creators, and any other community member who has made notable contributions for the greater good of the VeChain Ecosystem.
2. Nominations, including any self-nominations, must be submitted to VeChain Foundation by 10 pm (UTC+8) on January 8, 2021.
3. The VeChain Foundation will select the Top 10 nominees as the final candidates when voting commences.
4. Voting will start on January 9, 2021, 10pm (UTC+8) and will end on January 16, 2021, 10pm(UTC+8) where the community will vote for their winners.
5. The top five, as chosen by the community, will be named as winners of the VeChain Community Contributor Awards.
6. Winners of the VeChain Community Contributor Awards 2019 are not eligible to be re-nominated for this year.
7. The VeChain Foundation reserves the right to modify, amend, and intervene in any problems regarding the contest or disputes that may or may not arise.
Attractive prizes to be won!
All winners will receive the following prizes as a symbol of our appreciation:
- 500 USD worth of $VET tokens;
- A VIP-181 NFT award designed and issued by VeChain Foundation, with limited supply & special design for 2020 VeChain Community Contributor Awards
- Limited edition VeChain hoodie apparel
More Prizes! Special Collaboration with Cybersecurity Experts Hacken
In addition to the prizes from the VeChain Foundation, we are proud to collaborate with the Hacken team to provide 5 one year Hacken Club subscriptions to the winners worth 100 USD each!
Hacken, partnered with the VeChain Foundation and building on the VeChainThor blockchain, is a leading security consulting company with an essential focus on blockchain security for both enterprises as well as users in the crypto space.
Hacken Club Membership gives you free access to Hacken’s suite of privacy and security apps running on iOS and Android:
- HackenAI — Cybersecurity education
- hVPN — VPN service
- hPass — Next-generation password manager (coming soon)
- hGuard — Protect your digital identity (coming soon)
How it works: The 5 VeChain Community Contributor Awards 2020 winners will be each allocated 100 USD worth of HAI tokens that can be used to unlock the 1 year Hacken Club subscription in the HackenAI app, available on Android and iOS.
We wish all the best to the prospective nominees of the awards!