Despite all the craziness of 2020, the flagship annual Cosmos Interchain Conversations Summit kicked off with a bang on Dec 12th & 13th. Led by a group of 50+ core contributors, the Cosmos community rallied together (virtually) from all corners of the globe to discuss the technical roadmap for 2021 and highlight what various teams in the ecosystem have shipped. This includes tools such as Starport and various Smart Contract platforms, newly launched projects of all shapes and sizes — for instance, wallets, DeFi chains, and core infrastructural components — and R&D around IBC, Liquid staking, and DeFi.
By the numbers, our team was delighted to have a total of 1583 registrants and 727 attendees join us for this epic summit. Engagement was through the roof and, though it was virtual, lots of the sessions had the feels of an IRL event.
For those who missed the summit, to get a high-level overview of where Cosmos is today in terms of development and where it’s going in 2021, we recommend that you check out the following sessions:
- Fireside Chat: The State of the Cosmos — Ethan Buchman (Informal Systems) and Billy Rennekamp (Interchain Foundation)
Get an overview of activities across the Cosmos ecosystem on the path to IBC launch and beyond!
- The ATOM2021 initiative — Zaki Manian (Iqlusion)
An overview of what to expect, what to build, and how value will be added to the ATOM in the coming year.
- A Million Blockchains — Peng Zhong (Tendermint)
Peng Zhong, CEO at Tendermint, identifies key issues that prevent Cosmos from crossing the chasm to mainstream and formulates solutions to get us to the future of a million blockchains.
- Interchain accounts and Keplr wallet — Josh Lee (Tendermint)
The first IBC application standard beyond fungible tokens makes it so blockchains can control accounts on other blockchains. Paired with a forward looking wallet solution like Keplr, this could finally solve blockchain’s user experience problem.
- A pluggable consensus and data availability layer for Cosmos zones and rollups — Mustafa Al-Bassam (Lazy Ledger)
LazyLedger is building a general-purpose, pluggable consensus and data availability layer for blockchains and decentralized apps, including for Cosmos zones. In addition, we’re also exploring adding optimistic rollup support for Cosmos SDK.
- Inter-blockchain AMM on the Cosmos Hub — Brent Xu (Tendermint) and Hyung Yeon Lee (B-Harvest)
A brief talk about the Liquidity Module on the Cosmos Hub. Hub as the decentralized AMM for heterogeneous blockchains: Cosmos ecosystem context with IBC and pegs around the corner Dynamic Batch Execution: Why a slow DeX is better for liquidity and price discovery? Hybrid DeX: AMM liquidity pools and orderbook limit orders in one DeX
- Session: Interchain.FM Special Edition — Chjango (Tendermint)
Applied MEV in the PoS Context, Recursive Snarks & The Future Of Privacy Tech In Cosmos, with Chjango Unchained & Chris Goes from Tendermint, and Sunny Aggarwal & Dev Ojha from Sikka Tech.
- Fireside Chat on Security, DeFi Composability, & Interoperability — Stani, CEO of Aave & Julien, CEO of Stake Capital, Sunny from Sikka (Aave & Stake Capital & Sikka)
We demonstrate how we integrate model-based testing into the development workflow, ensuring higher software quality, while simultaneously making deep testing accessible and more fun for developers
- Why Interchain Services Will Become the “HTTP” of Blockchains — Jeffrey Hu (IRISnet)
Introduction of iService features on IRISnet/IRITA, how iService be combined with IBC and its use cases to help heterogeneous systems’ interaction.
- From Operating to Investing: The Next Evolution of Company Management — Arianne Flemming (Informal)
Blockchain is changing the way startups operate businesses at the most practical level. What was once a simple startup ethos of “hire good people and don’t run out of money” has now become far more intricate. The balance sheets of corporate entities building blockchain technology have expanded to include multiple cryptocurrencies, essentially turning these startups into mini-funds and significantly increasing treasury and liquidity management complexity. This talk will discuss the changing operational landscape and how blockchain startups can manage their investments to benefit their company in a secure, flexible, and compliant way while ensuring they don’t run out of money!
Feel free to check out the full list of talks below, as well as our Interchain Conversations II playlist on YouTube!