The hacker in you is calling. Starting this Monday, January 25, 2021, and running until February 28, 2021, you have the chance to contribute to the progress of the Helium Explorer and receive some exclusive Helium swag for doing so!
To participate, all you have to do is work on one of the issues labeled “Hackathon” in the Helium Explorer GitHub. Once you’ve finished working on the code, submit the PR for approval for the issue you worked on. If approved, you’ll receive some swag!
Also: If you start working on something, please leave a comment on the GitHub issue so that other hackathon participants can see that someone else is working on it and multiple participants won’t be working on the same thing at the same time.
Here are the current issues available (which may be expanded during the duration of the Hackathon):
- Prettify token_burn_v1
- Challenge Interval should use the chain var value
- Show consensus group on the landing page
- CSV export is missing some columns
- Add better and more helpful error pages
- State channel close transactions no longer show all the participating hotspots on the map
- Add links to next transaction and previous transaction buttons
- Pie chart colors might be off when there is a small number of transactions in a block
- Challenge transaction uses default view
- Transaction descriptions for each type
- Ensure all API calls use helium-js
- Make witnesses list in the explorer collapsible
If you have any questions about getting started or submitting your PR for the Hackathon, @ mention Daniel from the Helium Team (@danielcolinjames) in the GitHub Repo. Also, discuss and collaborate on any of the issues with The People’s Network community in the #explorer-dev channel of our Discord.
Thanks for contributing to Helium Explorer and all other open-source developments on The People’s Network!