It’s hard to imagine WeNano without Nano. We all know that our little fast and fee-less currency powers a lot of our current set of features, and that is just a small part of Nano’s role on the platform. In the early days of WeNano, there really wasn’t much to do other than hop in, collect Nano, and carry on.
However, one year later, everything has changed.
- We expanded from an iOS-only app to a fully-featured app available on iOS and Android.
- WeNano business started a wave of established and new business owners opening up their doors to our growing community.
- SpotChat and teleport functionality invited all users to connect with people from any part of the world with an active Spot.
- The introduction of SpotMarket made spending your Nano locally easier than ever.
- The ability to buy Nano in-app started with MoonPay integration early on and has most recently been expanded with the new Crypto-to-Nano exchange powered by ChangeNOW. (More details about this below.)
There is definitely more Nano flying around between all the Spots and users than ever before, but the communities and events taking shape in-app are so much more exciting to see. Between our small team and our users, there are many varying thoughts about what the app can be as it matures over time. Some of us are hoping that WeNano becomes the social network that the world deserves. Some see WeNano as a lens that re-contextualizes the world into a Nano-powered community that can push progress both locally and globally. Some of us just see this as the most fun way to give and receive digital money. The through-line between all our visions is the importance of accessibility and utility to as many people all over the world.
Commerce, culture, and community are the three pillars that we try to keep in our sights when developing anything in or around the WeNano products. We can’t possibly anticipate how the app will shape our future, or better yet, how our future will shape the app, but you should know that every one of you that has joined in on our little experiment and expressed your thoughts over the last year has helped steer the direction in which this project speeds toward.
One of the concerns from the user base has been the ability for new Nano to enter the WeNano space. That’s why we’re very excited to announce the ChangeNOW integration that can be found under “Exchange” in your wallet tab. This allows most major cryptocurrencies to be exchanged into Nano and deposited directly into your WeNano wallet. You will notice some minimal fees but you should also know that this is one of the ways to directly support the ongoing development of WeNano. For more info on the exchange process, you can visit ChangeNOW.io.
We have so much more that we’re excited to share with you and hope to do so as soon as possible. A huge thank-you to everyone who has given our little experiment a chance. This app only works because of the amazing community giving it life. At this pace, maybe in another year, it’ll be hard to imagine Nano without WeNano 🙂