Welcome to the Rally Digest, a weekly round-up of everything that’s happening around the Rally Network.
Clothia.com is a curated online marketplace for emerging fashion designers in the accessible luxury category, who find and showcase the best up-and-coming talents from around the world, providing a turnkey distribution platform so the designers can focus on design and manufacturing. Clothia has been featured in Vogue, WWD, and WSJ, and our designers have been worn by celebrities like Lady Gaga, Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, and Mindy Kaling.
- Pacenotes: Joon Ian Wong highlights what social tokens can learn from British supermarkets.
- Forbes– $SMRT’s John Koetsier highlights how Rally is fueling new opportunities for creators
- The Esports Journal– print version of Esports Insider- names Rally as one of the top 3 projects that might “unshackle monetization in esports”
- The Street included Rally prominently in a piece on the rise of social tokens.
- The Tilt feature on Rally calls Creator Coins are “a great community-building tool”
- The creator collective known as RTFKT is now making products specifically for owners of CryptoPunks. Owners of the OG cryptoart project can access a line of products from RTFKT, including a pair physical sneakers “forged” by the studio. Each pair is unique and features the CryptoPunk held by the buyer. People can also purchase CrytoPunk voxel files and wearables featuring their Punk, allowing them to be used in Metaverses. It’s a new, crypto-native way of targeting a customer segment. The artist known as FVCKRENDER is a fan — and thinks social tokens are next with this model.
- Lots of people seem to like the framing that strategist Packy McCormick came up with to think about the internet more broadly and social tokens and crypto in general. For McCormick, the internet is a giant video game, and cryptocurrencies are its in-game currency. The winners? Successful creators, VCs, and Elon Musk, who understand the internet is a giant networked game. Social tokens are part of the mix: “It’s like a Super Follow for the whole internet, with financial rewards”.
- DAOs investing in NFTs are all the rage. The latest iteration of this is a DAO formed by research and investment firm Delphi Digital (which is also working with Rally) and pseudonymous NFT raconteur GMoney called Delphi INFINFT. It promises to spend $5 million over the next 12 months on infrastructure and finance projects that push the capabilities of NFTs. Everything is handled on-chain using tooling platform SyndicateDAO. Oh, and social tokens are on the new DAO’s radar.
- The social tokens news source Forefront is firing on all cylinders. It recently paid out its $FF token to community members who took part in its first creative challenge, interpreting the Forefront brand in various graphical ways. Join the Forefront Discord to see the submissions. It’s also hosting a talk by Seed Club’s Jess Sloss and Audius’ Cooper Turley (both also Rally advisers) on how to launch a community token today (11am Pacific) on the Forefront Discord. Check it out!