As we approach the end of May, let’s take a look back at this week’s highlights.
Kicking off Consensus 2021 on Monday, Founder of Ontology Li Jun took part in a fireside chat about decentralized digital identity and data privacy.
– 95% of Ontology EVM-integrated design has been completed, making Ontology compatible with the Ethereum smart contract ecology.
– 30% of ETH RPC support has been completed.
– 40% of Ontology’s new ether account system has been completed.
– Layer 2 integration has been completed, exploring the integration of Ethereum Layer 2 on the Ontology MainNet.
– ONTO App v3.8.4 has been released, supporting the Solana blockchain.
– Community activities organized by ONTO, CafeSwap and ApeSwap continue. Meanwhile, the launch party organized by Wing was highly successful.
– 115 dApps have been launched on MainNet.
– 15,637,435 transactions have been completed on MainNet, an increase of 89,804 from last week.
– 265 new members were onboarded across our global communities. We are very excited to see the Ontology community continue to grow and we encourage anyone who is interested in Ontology to join us.
– Humpty Calderon, Head of Community at Ontology, held an Ontology Community Call on Discord, to give community members an opportunity to review and learn about the Ontology ecosystem.
– Remember, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with all our latest developments and community updates.
Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, was invited to Consensus 2021 hosted by Coindesk. Li Jun took part in a fireside chat titled ‘Why Digital Identity Systems Must Be Decentralized In Order To Bring About A New Era In Data Privacy.’
Ontology In The Media
Forkast — “Bank on change: DeFi’s challenge to traditional finance and fintech”
Forkast News published an article discussing the impact of the DeFi industry on traditional finance. The article argues that traditional financial and financial technology companies are responding to the growing public demand for DeFi products and actively participating in the development of the DeFi industry.
Li Jun said, “For fintechs and neobanks, the huge expansion of the DeFi market is great news because it bridges their usability to blockchain. Fintech and DeFi have a lot of overlapping features, and as DeFi grows, so too will the fintech industry.” Read the full article here.