Developments / Corporate Updates
- In the past month, we have made significant strides in our development.
- We completed 95% of the Ontology EVM-integrated design, which will make Ontology compatible with Ethereum smart contract ecology after completion.
- 30% of ETH RPC support has been completed.
- 40% of Ontology’s new ether account system has been completed.
- The research on the latest progress of Layer 2 technology has been completed, which explores the integration of Ethereum Layer 2 on the Ontology MainNet.
- This month, we released ONTO v3.8.4, adding support for the Solana chain and the upgraded OKExChain MainNet.
- The ONTO x Cafeswap and ONTO x Apeswap mining activities are still ongoing. This month there were successful launch parties with Wing, ONTO x Cafeswap and ONTO x Apeswap.
- ONTO collaborated with bloXroute to launch ETH frontrunning protection, which helps to safeguard the rights of wallet users.
- As of May 24, 2021, there were 115 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 15,637,190 dApp transactions completed on MainNet.
- We recorded 37,829 dApp-related transactions in the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- May was another exciting month for community growth as we welcomed 1,153 new members across Ontology’s global ecosystem. As always, we welcome anyone who is interested in Ontology to join us!
- Humpty Calderon, Head of Community at Ontology, held two Community Calls on Discord on May 6 and May 20. This was an opportunity for Ontology’s community members to review the Ontology ecosystem.
- Dumont, Ontology’s Telegram admin, published the article How To Get Your First ONG. This article is a great piece to help Ontology’s global community members further understand Ontology staking and allow them to participate in growing the Ontology ecosystem.
- To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome new members to Ontology. We welcomed a new Content Operations Associate, English Editor, Operation Analysis Associate, UI Designer, Senior GO Developer, Japan Ecosystem Senior Advisor, and Front-end Intern. Welcome onboard!
At Ontology, we are always looking to welcome new members to our team. We currently have a list of open roles (below) and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals. To see a list of all our open roles check out our website here.
- Senior GO Developer
- Senior JAVA Developer
- Solidity Software Developer
- Solution Architect Europe
- Protocol Researcher
- Cryptography Developer
- Solution Consultant
- Product Manager
- Global Marketing Manager
- Data Product Manager
- QA Engineer
- Android Engineer
- iOS Engineer
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, made an appearance at Consensus 2021, hosted by CoinDesk, and had a fireside chat on “Why Digital Identity Systems Must Be Decentralized In Order To Bring About A New Era In Data Privacy.”
- This month, Wing announced they have officially launched on the OKExChain MainNet, the open-source trading chain renowned for its safe and efficient decentralized structure. The release of this new version will help satisfy users’ high-frequency trading needs.
- Ontology’s Chief Scientist, Kendall Mao was invited to the IEEE Computer Society Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Standards Committee Plenary & P3200S WG Meeting, where he discussed how to accelerate the development of core standards for blockchain and build a global blockchain ecosystem with more than 70 representatives from 55 units.
- It was a great month for media coverage. Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, was featured in Forbes, CoinDesk, and Forkast News, sharing his thoughts on the future of the DeFi industry and how Ontology and SAGA are creating a regulatory framework for decentralization.
- Li Jun also published an article in Nasdaq titled, “The Solution to the Internet’s Data Hoarding Problem”. The article delves into the idea that SSI solutions can help users share data while protecting their privacy.
- Ning Hu, CTO of Ontology, published a paper titled “OpenKG Chain: A Blockchain Infrastructure for Open Knowledge Graphs”, exploring blockchain-based open knowledge infrastructure.
- Crypto Briefing recently released a guide for decentralized identity. ONT ID is listed in the guide as one of the top three decentralized identity solutions since ONT ID has practical applications and could be used on multiple blockchains.
- Ontology’s 14-day chain statistics report for April and May has been published. From April 25 to May 8, the number of transactions on the Ontology chain, the number of active addresses, the total number of addresses, and the ONT ID data all showed an overall growth trend. This reflects a tremendous increase in new and existing users of self-sovereign decentralized digital identities.