The XDB Foundation has officially rebranded to the DigitalBits Foundation, to better align with the brand of the DigitalBits Project. For the past year, the Foundation has led development of the DigitalBits Project in accordance to 5 pillars — transparency and governance, global community development, developer evangelism, enterprise adoption, and global markets, all the while maintaining a laser focus on driving the adoption of blockchain and DigitalBits technology. Through our operations over the past year, we have gained a clearer sense of who we are and our role within the ecosystem. As we revised our strategies, goals and expectations, it became clear that explicitly aligning ourselves with the project brand was a quintessential move to truly empower the entity we have worked so hard to build, the DigitalBits Network.
The decision to rebrand aligns directly with our revised marketing strategy and core pillars of the organization. Some benefits include; reduced fragmentation between the brands; search engine optimizations (SEO) for media coverage; brings more awareness to the DigitalBits Project and much more.
In addition to the rebranding, the DigitalBits Foundation and the DigitalBits Project will consolidate its social media channels and website into one. This means:
- One Twitter account, one Instagram account, etc.
- Information about the DigitalBits Foundation will now be hosted on the main DigitalBits website, instead of separately.
Together with the rebranding, we are excited to unveil the updated website with new content and resources. Here are a few important things that’s new on the website:
- Ecosystem page: Gives overview of partners and projects supported by the DigitalBits Foundation
- Apply for Grant page: Allows individuals and organizations to apply for funding
- The DigitalBits Foundation’s About page: Overview about the organization
- Roadmap page: Highlights the updated high level goals of the organization
- Newsletter subscription: Be the first to get new updates about DigitalBits
Additional resources and information will be added to the website on an ongoing basis.
While the ambassador program has been revamped, it is not reflected in this update but will be in the coming weeks. Ambassadors have been notified of the updated program.
The DigitalBits Foundation’s roadmap has been updated to reflect the high level goals of the organization. The items identified in the roadmap are used to guide our efforts as an organization in addition to maintaining our own internal goals that may not be highlighted on the forward-facing roadmap for legal reasons.