Later today (July 1, ~00:00 UTC), several new updates will be added to the protocol. During this release, there will be no downtime for L1 and less than 1 hour of downtime for L2 (during which deposits will be disabled). Here’s what’s included in this release:
- SIP-138 – Update Volume Tracking Event: Currently, tracking volume data on L2 is not possible and overly complex on L1. This SIP proposes the addition of an event to improve tracking of volume sources on L1 and L2.
- SIP-139 – Allow owner to reset the decentralized circuit breaker pricing: Resolves an issue related to reactivating a synth that has been suspended due to SIP-65 by adding a protected function to reset the last price of an exchange for some synths.
- SIP-140 – Allow Exchange Into Origin Address: Adds an additional exchange function to Synthetix to support transactions initiated by a user but performed through another address to improve integrations with platforms like 1inch.
- SIP-145 – Debt Cache Event Consistency: Fixes an incorrect debt cache event value.
- SIP-150 – Issuance Debt Adjustment Truncation Fix: This corrects a potentially-exploitable problem where minters’ debt balances immediately after issuing synths are less than the sUSD they have minted.
- SIP-151 – Migration Contracts for Upgrades: Creation and use of solidity contracts to perform smaller upgrades to the protocol atomically and reduce downtime.
This release is called Alnitak,’ which like all releases is named after a star (in order of visual magnitude). If you’ve got any comments or questions about the release, please come join the conversation in Discord.