While data breaches are gaining in prevalence across the world, archaic processes can only stand to negatively impact the future of digital identity. Luckily, blockchain has provided us with the solution, and we at Ontology are aiming to give the control of data back to the data owners in the form of a cohesive, decentralized identity.
Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, speaking at Consensus 2021 in a fireside chat on “Why Digital Identity Systems Must Be Decentralized In Order To Bring About A New Era In Data Privacy”.
- Ontology’s integrated EVM design is fully complete, and the development is 75% complete. It is designed to be fully compatible with the Ethereum contract ecosystem.
- ETH RPC support is fully complete and is live on our TestNet.
- 70% of Ontology’s new Ethereum account system is now complete.
- The flow logic of optimizing transactions from the network layer to the transaction pool is now 30% complete. The transaction pool processing performance has been significantly improved.
- EVM assets and OEP-4 assets seamless transfer technical solution is 30% complete, which facilitates the conversion and circulation between OEP-4 assets and EVM assets.
- ONTO v3.8.5 released, featuring Polygon support.
- The ONTO x Polygon, ONTO x ApeSwap, ONTO x Cafeswap, and ONTO x HyperJump mining activities are still ongoing. The ONTO x BabySwap mining activity ended this month.
- ONTO launched a user experience research report on Twitter in early June, which also finished this month.
- As of June 24, 2021, there have been 116 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 6,618,882 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet.
- We recorded 17,453 dApp-related transactions in the past month.
- There have been a total of 15,832,535 transactions completed on MainNet,
- We recorded a total of 195,345 transactions in the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- June was another exciting month for community growth as we welcomed 1,901 new members across Ontology’s global ecosystem. As always, anyone interested in learning more about Ontology is welcome to join our community!
- Humpty Calderon, Head of Community at Ontology, held seven community calls on Discord throughout the past month. Topics covered included DeID, DeFi, DAOs, and NFTs. Ontology’s community members were also given the opportunity to ask questions and give their feedback.
- Aidonker, Ontology’s Telegram admin, held a recap event on Consensus 2021, giving Ontology’s global community members an opportunity to further understand Ontology staking and allowing them to participate in the growing the Ontology ecosystem.
- To join Ontology’s Telegram Group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome new members to the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed a new Paralegal, Head of SAGA, Application Researcher, Content Associate, Accountant, Product Manager, and Operations Intern.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals. See below (visit our website for full details).
- Senior GO Developer
- Senior JAVA Developer
- DeFi Strategist
- Solidity Software Developer
- Solution Architect Europe
- Cryptography Developer
- Solution Consultant
- Protocol Researcher
- Global Marketing Manager
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- Ontology partnered with AP.LLC, a Japanese consulting company, and ZAICO, a leading cloud inventory management software company, offering new solutions with blockchain technology to multiple application scenarios.
- Gloria Wu, Chief of Ecosystem Partnerships, was invited to chat with Neil Hughes on The Tech Talks Daily Podcast. They discussed digital identity, the importance of privacy and data, and Ontology’s mission to solve these issues and change how data is managed and transferred.
- Ontology released an updated version of ONTO Wallet’s Binance Smart Chain dApp ecosystem landscape. As of the end of May, there were 85 dApps on ONTO Wallet including liquidity protocols, Layer 2, NFTs, and games, which each provide rich and diverse one-stop on-chain functions. ONTO also released an updated version of Popular DeFi dApps, covering DEXs, aggregators, DeFi lending platforms, and other helpful dApps.
- ONT is now listed on WazirX, one of India’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges with over 900,000 users. ONT holders can trade ONT for $INR or $USDT easily with WazirX.
- Ontology published its “Ontology’s DID 101” mini-series on Twitter to help the community better understand the core features of Ontology i.e., DID, ONT ID, and OScore.
- The Ontology Research Institute has published a number of articles about Ontology and the Metaverse. Describing the vision Ontology has for the Metaverse, the articles cover several attributes of the Metaverse such as economic systems, low latency, diversity, anytime and anywhere, and civilization. Read more, here.
Read this month’s report in your preferred language:
Learn more about our decentralized data and identity solutions on our website and official Twitter account. You can also chat with us on Telegram and keep up-to-date with the latest news via our Telegram Announcement account.
LinkedIn / Medium / Facebook / Reddit / Discord / YouTube