Airtm welcomes Nano on its mission to help people affected by restrictive banking systems around the world, by opening up peer to peer transfers to Nano users on the platform.
Earlier this year, we announced that the popular cryptocurrency exchange platform and e-wallet Airtm integrated Nano, allowing their estimated customer base of over 1 million users to buy and sell Nano with AirUSD.
We are delighted to share that Airtm has taken this one step further by increasing the availability of Nano on the platform. Airtm customers can now add and withdraw Nano on the Airtm peer-to-peer marketplace.
Who was Airtm created for?
In countries such as Argentina and Venezuela, millions of people rely on storing their wealth in gift cards or other currencies such as USD. They use these gift cards as a store of value to protect their money against hyperinflation due to the constant devaluation of traditional currencies, harsh capital controls, or outdated and restrictive banking systems.
Airtm offers a safe platform for individuals to liquidate their gift card holdings or funds transferred from other digital payment networks to gain access to Nano, where they have more freedom to spend and send their earnings.
How does it improve access to Nano?
With Airtm’s peer-to-peer marketplace, there are free-market rates and fewer restrictions on cross-border transfers.
If you are an individual who has restricted access to centralised exchanges or cannot make direct deposits from your bank account, credit or debit card, online peer-to-peer marketplaces like Airtm are an excellent alternative method for you to add Nano to your wallet.
How does it work?
Below is an easy to follow breakdown of how the process works to help new users get started:
- In Airtm’s peer-to-peer marketplace, you can add funds to your Airtm wallet by selecting a payment method (such as Nano) and the amount.
- You are then matched with a verified cashier.
- Send funds to the cashier’s external account (such as Nano) according to the details provided in Airtm for completing the transaction.
- Once the cashier confirms funds received, the funds are available in your Airtm wallet.
- To withdraw funds from Airtm to another payment method (such as your Nano wallet), simply go through the process in reverse
If you have any questions or feedback regarding getting started with Airtm, feel free to reach out in the comments section below or email support at: [email protected]