Our favorite 3D modelor and animator is getting a nice polish and a ton of new features. Read on to find out what they are!
There is a new version of VoxEdit that you can download now! The software has been optimized so now it runs faster, manages memory better when editing larger volumes without crashing and it is less performance heavy. Read on to learn every new feature that we’ve implemented to make this our fastest, smoothest and best update thus far.
You can now fancy up the looks of your VoxEdit by customising both a color scheme and an accent color.
With the introduction of the Inverse Kinematics, animating can now be easier and faster. Where with forward kinematics, if you wanted to move a leg from point A to point B you needed to move all the leg joints separately (thigh, lower leg and foot), now with inverse kinematics this is all more intuitive and fast. You just use an effector (the controller of your joints) and it’ll automatically make the calculation from point A to point B. Less hassle and an easier animation altogether!
Sometimes more is better, which is why we’ve incremented the amount of undo steps from 10 to 30 to make your changes faster.
- Fill Inbetween
Found in the Timeline’s contextual menu, this feature allows for the automatic baking of keyframes.
- Send to All
You can also find another feature in the Timeline’s contextual menu which is the “Send to All”. It copies selected keyframes to all other animations, overwriting existing keyframes which simplifies your work a great deal.
- Select All and Delete All Keyframes
This VoxEdit version will see the introduction of the broom button in the Animations panel, a long requested feature.
- We have reinstated an option to export template-based assets to different formats.
- Animation list is now alphabetically sorted.
- Hovering over a node in the Viewport now highlights the node in the Skeleton panel.
- Collapsed state of the timeline and animation panel will be saved between sessions.
- active hit area for the floor grid has been enlarged in the Animator, so the artist can orbit the camera around a farther away point in the floor.
- A “Hand Cursor” now shows when hovering news banner images and tutorial thumbnails.
- The “Sync to MagicaVoxel” feature now requires models to be unique (you cannot have two nodes with the same model), as MagicaVoxel has no similar concept.
- On MacOs the “Sync to MagicaVoxel” now also reminds the user to associate VOX files with MagicaVoxel (it is asked automatically on Windows).
Many crashes have met their doom with this new update. No more random crashes upon opening, no crashes when having the Timeline detached for a long time or when stress clicking 3D gizmos in Viewport. No more fear of the editor crashing when when exporting pivoting assets at 1000 or more units from the origin.
More features will come, so keep an eye out for us and keep on creating!