As the next unlock of Cartesi Tokens (CTSI) is set for October 23rd, 2021, we’re pleased to provide another official transparency report on the Cartesi Foundation’s governance, operations, and how CTSI tokens are allocated in succession to our previous transparency reports.
As a reminder and for transparency’s sake, anyone can view the current holdings and transactions of the Cartesi Foundation wallet here:
The information provided below is dynamic in nature and therefore what is presented may not reflect accurate estimations at the time of reading.
Total Supply: 1,000,000,000 CTSI
Current Circulating Supply (October 11, 2021): 422,192,848 CTSI
Current Undiluted Market Cap (October 11, 2021): $248,249,394.62 US
Total Diluted Market Cap (October 11, 2021): $584,588,203 US
Current CTSI Price (October 11, 2021): $0.588 US
The Current CTSI Allocation:
Prior to this unlock, 22.98% of the total supply has already been unlocked and held by the Cartesi team. The foundation reserve tokens have gone to a variety of important endeavors as previously outlined, all of which are summarized below (as of October 8, 2021):
- Held in Wallets: 17,283,364.21 CTSI
- Exchange Listings: 2,389,455.83 CTSI
- Community Operations: 1,593,273.10 CTSI
- Legal, Business Operations, and R&D: 93,142,351.01 CTSI
- Partnerships: 50,000,000.00 CTSI
- Marketing: 12,899,036.20 CTSI
- Market Making: 63,721,121.38 CTSI
- Staking: 9,800,001.00 CTSI
Total: 229,843,333 (22.98%) CTSI
The upcoming Cartesi Foundation unlock will occur in the amount of 21,538,333 CTSI (2.15%) of the total supply on October 23rd, 2021.
Where does the funding go?
- Continued research and development of Cartesi’s technology
- Marketing and community-based objectives
- Business operations and legal expenses
- Development grants
Internal governance consensus is reached by the Cartesi Foundation before devoting or expending CTSI to any event. The foundation reserve unlocks are vital for the development of Cartesi’s tech, bootstrapping its ecosystem, and for the operations of the foundation itself.
No entity or token holder is more interested in the health of CTSI’s economy than the Foundation itself for its entire existence and longevity. The Foundation liquidates only the amounts deemed necessary, remaining careful not to disturb the secondary markets of CTSI.
In total, 40.22% of the total CTSI supply is reserved for the Cartesi foundation and will be fully unlocked by July 23rd, 2023.
As a reminder, the following chart represents the number and breakdown of all CTSI tokens that are to be released into circulation on a monthly basis. Token inflation and possible deflation for staking rewards will be revealed in the future, which is yet to be finalized, and not presented in the following chart, however, we have released the CTSI Macroeconomy article for further reading in the meantime.
CTSI will have no inflation until the mine reserve is completely depleted, which will happen no earlier than 2023.
The current state of the CTSI distribution curve:
Binance Launchpad Sale tokens comprise 10.00% of the total token supply.
- This has been 100% allocated.
Seed Sale tokens comprise 2.00% of the total token supply.
- 0.57% of the 2.00% has already been allocated through two previous unlocks.
- The next unlock will occur on October 23, 2021, in the amount of 2,857,143 CTSI.
- Unlocks will keep occurring on a quarterly basis thereafter and be fully unlocked on October 23, 2022.
Private Sale tokens comprise 5.00% of the total token supply.
- 1.11% of the 5.00% has already been allocated through two previous unlocks.
- The next unlock will occur on October 23, 2021, in the amount of 5,555,554 CTSI.
- Unlocks will keep occurring on a quarterly basis thereafter and be fully unlocked on April 23, 2023.
Strategic Sale tokens comprise 0.67% of the total token supply.
- This has been 100% allocated.
Team tokens comprise 15.00% of the total token supply.
- 2.14% of the 15.00% has already been allocated through one previous unlock.
- The next unlocks will occur on October 23, 2021, in the amount of 21,428,571 CTSI.
- Unlocks occur twice a year and will be fully unlocked on April 23, 2024.
Advisors tokens comprise 2.11% of the total token supply.
- 0.33% of the 2.11% has already been allocated through one previous unlock.
- The next unlock will occur on October 23, 2021 in the amount of 7,050,000 CTSI.
- The final unlock will occur on April 23, 2022.
Foundation Reserve tokens comprise 40.22% of the total token supply.
Mining Reserve tokens comprise 25.00% of the total token supply.
We’ve recently announced the mainnet beta of Noether’s PoS Staking Delegation System and will be announcing the full release very soon! We’re beyond excited with our communities’ excitement around participating in staking and helping to secure the network, making it more decentralized.
About the Cartesi Foundation
The Cartesi foundation is the coalition of the co-founders, partners and influential members to deliver exceptional technical impact on bridging mainstream software with blockchain. Composed of leading scientific minds, thinkers, leaders and veterans, we remain at the forefront of a blockchain interconnectivity revolution with the plethora of millions of mainstream open-source software via Linux. The Cartesi Foundation is an entity that is committed to taking smart contracts on Ethereum to the next level, bringing mainstream scalability and convenience to developers and users of decentralized applications. Decentralization is the core goal of what we are building at Cartesi and it is put at the forefront of each decision we make in achieving our vision.
The Cartesi Foundation actively makes decisions required to put our technology at the forefront of blockchain adoption. The foundation is committed to achieving this vision and the continued development of its roadmap.
If you’re interested in proposing changes or contributing more, please check out Cartesi Governance: Cartesi Improvement Proposals (CIP) and make suggestions!