This is an ongoing series featuring Ontology’s Harbingers. Harbingers are exceptional leaders that help Ontology grow its community and ecosystem, making it an ever-stronger blockchain, and decentralized identity and data leader.
In the ninth interview in this series, Ontology speaks with John Francisco, administrator of our Spanish community.
1. How did you hear about Ontology? What drew you to Ontology?
I heard about Ontology when I met Sesameseed. They had recently launched staking with Ontology. I really liked their ecosystem and started to learn more about the project.
2. What made you become a supporter of Ontology and a champion of its brand?
As an end user in my beginnings knowing Ontology, I was very fascinated by its infrastructure and its staking. I later learned that it is aiming to provide digital identity solutions that companies and day-to-day users need, today. I like technology, therefore, this led me to become even more interested in Ontology.
3. What do you see as the key role of a Harbinger? What is your favorite thing about being a Harbinger?
The community is very important in every project. For this reason, building communities and giving them the tools they need to understand the project is vital for the future and its success. Being a Harbinger is having the responsibility of spreading the word about the future, leading new generations to contribute and generate change in all aspects of technology, and that is what Ontology does, day after day.
4. Why is being part of the Ontology community important to you?
As I have mentioned before, the community is very important; it is the heart of every project. It is the starting point because they direct the course of the project anyway; they help to build a better future. For that and many more reasons, being part of Ontology is being that new paradigm of improvements towards the future.
5. How is Ontology’s community different from other blockchain communities, is there anything that makes it stand out?
Each community has its own, however Ontology allows all its members to be part of the project in a more direct way, such as via the Ontology Harbinger program. This program is where you can contribute your knowledge about Ontology’s technology and long-term objectives more directly. Ontology makes you special by being part of its community, part of its ecosystem and as an end user you feel that you have done something important for today and the future of Ontology.
6. What do you use as your key channels for engagement with the Ontology community and why? Would you like to see any others?
Telegram is a very important channel for Ontology; it is the place where the community feels welcomed by the moderators and administrators. There is a more direct interaction and it is the perfect place to disseminate what Ontology is. As a secondary channel, Twitter is an essential part of the communication ecosystem because it interacts with the most technical and intrepid users who also contribute as the Ontology community.
7. Can you share a memorable experience or something you’ve learned from being a Harbinger? What advice would you give to someone looking to become a Harbinger?
In the first instance it was an arduous path, but I did it. Now my responsibilities do not merely include being a single guide to a member of the community but also being an ambassador for Ontology anywhere and for everyone. To be a Harbinger, my biggest advice is, be part of Ontology, understand Ontology and be more than a community member. Understand Ontology’s potential and how you can contribute to the project in a healthy way. Learn every day from Ontology because technology advances every day and without stopping.
8. How would you describe the Ontology community in three words?
Amazing, fascinating, visionaries.
9. How do you think Ontology could expand its community going forward? What would you like to see more/less of? What kinds of things do you see community members do that you think help our community grow?
Communication is vital for a community to grow and prosper. Ontology and the Harbinger program open the doors for the community to grow and have solid foundations for its expansion to other horizons.
The members of the community are the visionaries and owners of having the project in their hands, with their contribution, their knowledge, their way of understanding Ontology leaving an enriched legacy of pure knowledge, they make and will make Ontology and its community even stronger in time.
10. What do you see as the key milestones for Ontology and how can the community help with achieving these?
Its decentralized identity solutions that return to the end user control over their data. It is important that community members utilize these tools and be an example to others who may later come to adopt them, too. We need to demonstrate to those around us how Ontology’s tools benefit our everyday lives. We can use ONTO to manage our digital identities or build wealth through staking and show our friends and family how convenient and easy it is.
To learn more about Ontology’s Harbinger Program and how you can get involved, check out our updated GUIDE.