- Advertisement -
Commonwealth Bank will be the first in Australia to offer crypto services to customers, the bank said Wednesday.
- The bank will offer a crypto exchange and a custody service in collaboration with Gemini and intelligence firm Chainalysis.
- Customers will have access to 10 digital assets, including bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash, and litecoin.
- Commonwealth Bank will integrate Gemini’s crypto exchange into its app through an exclusive partnership, the bank’s CEO Matt Comyn said in the press release.
- The offerings will start next week as a pilot. Commonwealth Bank will add features progressively.
- Australia is the world’s third-largest adopter of crypto, an October survey found.
Read more: Australia Has Third-Highest Rate of Crypto Adoption in the World: Finder Survey