Welcome to the Rally Digest, a weekly round-up of everything that’s happening around the Rally project.
Beetlejuice is ‘Bad as Can’. Beetlejuice is a staple of the Howard Stern Show and arguably the greatest wack packer of all time. Hey Beet, what’s your favorite number? Red
By being a BeetCoin owner, you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased Beetlejuice content. Including the new BeetMoji app, Beetlejuice songs, and Beetlejuice images. Hold onto your BeetCoin for weekly Rally rewards!
Geoff Measey/ $LFG
Geoff is a marketing and digital specialist from Melbourne, Australia who hopes to help you reach your personal and professional goals by leveraging the power of Web3. All you need is a smartphone, tablet or computer — and some $LFG.
The Most Interesting curator, SHOWFIELDS brings magic, inspiration and discovery to your life by showing you the world through our artful lens and connecting you with the right brands and experiences, at the right time, and in an unexpected way.
OpTic HECZ/ $HECZ
What started out as a casual gaming group (or ‘clan’ in gamer terms), Hector ‘HECZ’ Rodriguez joined OpTic Gaming in 2007 to create the gaming entertainment & esports juggernaut that OpTic is today. With over 50+ championships in major titles such as Call of Duty, DOTA, Halo, Gears of War & more, along with millions of video views over various social media channels, HECZ’s vision & track record is rivaled by few.
Ashlizzlle is a full-time content creator with a passion for card games. You can find her streaming card games and hanging out with her community on Twitch 6 days a week!
$PLAY’s PlayCON 2022 First Round VIP Pass NFT entitles the bearer to attend all regular attendance AND VIP events at PlayCON. The bearer will also have access to any pre-sessions in which VIP tickets are accepted. PlayCON (Jan 7–9th, 2022) is a virtual convention for Rally Creators, Creator Coin Gaming/NFTs, and $PLAY.
$WHO’s Wonder — Limited Edition T embodies the climb: to rise, to be, and to embrace the sense of wonder. As an edition of 60, each t-shirt comes with a very special signed and numbered hangtag.
Rally in the News
- Rally and $CMO were mentioned in Protocol’s fintech newsletter on November 16, which focused on social tokens
- Rally VP of Product Chris Fortier explained to Yahoo! Finance how crypto — and Rally in particular — will play an important role in the future of the metaverse
- Instagram is bringing tipping to more creators, Mashable reported. The platform’s Badges feature was introduced in 2020 but was only available to select users. It allowed followers to buy a badge during live broadcasts, which would promote those followers’ reactions and comments. Instagram is now letting a wider swathe of users offer badges: any user over 18, in the U.S. and with more than 10,000 followers. Oh, and with a “creator” or business account.
- Facebook is paying creators up to $50,000 to use its audio platform, the Verge reported. The social network is pumping its Live Audio Rooms feature by offering creators $10,000–50,000 a session. It joins Twitter, TikTok and Snapchat in a race to offer payment to creators to produce content on its platform.
- Forefront has released its DAO Terminal, a one-stop shop for data on how its DAO and community are doing. The news and data platform for social tokens is pioneering a new, user-friendly approach to sharing information about its inner workings publicly.
- The investor Linda Xie, of Scalar Capital, has published a beginners’ guide to social tokens. It includes definitions of social tokens and related terms, a list of the current tools available to creators, examples of existing token communities, and a rundown of the risks associated with social tokens.
- A group of strangers on the internet raised over $40 million to bid on a rare copy of the U.S. constitution at a Sotheby’s auction, only to be thwarted by Wall Street billionaire Ken Griffin, The Verge reported. The group, known as ConstitutionDAO, pooled cryptocurrencies and used blockchain-enabled tools to assemble and coordinate their bid, attracting the attention of the media and Crypto Twitter at large.