Representatives from leading crypto service providers will discuss the challenge of remaining compliant under the FATF’s new Travel Rule.
Virtual asset service providers, or VASPs, are scrambling to ensure they will be compliant under FATF’s upcoming Travel Rule Protocol (TRP). Ultimately this will depend on the progress of software companies 21 Analytics and Chainalysis and service providers like Coinbase, who work to lay down the standards for VASP-to-VASP data sharing.
Which businesses will FATF designate as virtual asset service providers? What will those VASPs need to do to ensure compliance under the new framework? Hear from senior officers and engineers from Finoa, Coinbase, 21 Analytics and Coinfirm as they describe the current state of international standards for VASP-to-VASP transfers, the risk presented by transfers to unhosted wallets, and a demo from 21 Analytics of their proposed solution.
- Wilhelm Nöffke, Head of AML at Finoa
- Stefano Bovo, Head of Compliance and AML at Coinbase Germany
- Harm Aarts, Senior Software Engineer at 21 Analytics
- Joosep Vahtras, Compliance Advisory Lead at Chainalysis
- Barbara Halasek, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Customer Engagement at Coinfirm
Moderator: Dr. Anika Patz, Senior Associate at Eversheds Sutherland
Date and time: Thu, Dec 9, 2021, 12:00 PM GMT