With the next unlock of Cartesi Tokens (CTSI) set for January 23rd, 2022
As the next unlock of Cartesi Tokens (CTSI) is set for January 23rd, 2022, we’re pleased to provide another official transparency report on the Cartesi Foundation’s governance, operations and how CTSI tokens are allocated in succession to our previous transparency reports.
As a reminder and for transparency’s sake, anyone can view the current holdings and transactions of the Cartesi Foundation wallet here:
The information provided below is dynamic in nature and therefore what is presented may not reflect accurate estimations at the time of reading.
Total Supply: 1,000,000,000 CTSI
Current Circulating Supply (January 10, 2022): 490,232,330.90 CTSI
Current Undiluted Market Cap (January 10, 2022): $274,417,189
Total Diluted Market Cap (January 10, 2022): $559,769,667
Current CTSI Price (January 10, 2022): $0.5591
Prior to this unlock, 25.14% of the total supply has already been unlocked and held by the Cartesi Foundation. The foundation reserve tokens have gone to a variety of important endeavors as previously outlined, all of which are summarized below (as of January 6, 2022):
- Held in Wallets: 13,596,736.26 CTSI
- Exchange Listings or Activities: 7,440,697.83 CTSI
- Community Operations: 1,619,751.10 CTSI
- Legal, Business Operations, and R&D: 98,928,385.38 CTSI
- Partnerships: 50,000,000.00 CTSI
- Marketing: 13,113,059.34 CTSI
- Market Making: 71,569,353.42 CTSI
- Staking: 16,800,001.00 CTSI
Total: 251,381,666 (25.14%) CTSI
The upcoming Cartesi Foundation Reserve unlock will occur in the amount of 21,538,333 CTSI (2.15%) of the total supply on January 23rd, 2022.
Where does the funding go?
- Continued research and development of Cartesi’s technology
- Marketing and community-based objectives
- Business operations and legal expenses
- Development grants
Internal governance consensus is reached by the Cartesi Foundation before devoting or expending CTSI to any event. The foundation reserve unlocks are vital for the development of Cartesi’s tech, bootstrapping its ecosystem, and for the operations of the foundation itself.
No entity or token holder is more interested in the health of CTSI’s economy than the Foundation itself for its entire existence and longevity. The Foundation liquidates only the amounts deemed necessary, remaining careful not to disturb the secondary markets of CTSI.
In total, 40.22% of the total CTSI supply is reserved for the Cartesi Foundation and will be fully unlocked by July 23rd, 2023.
As a reminder, the following chart represents the number and breakdown of all CTSI tokens that are to be released into circulation on a monthly basis. Token inflation and possible deflation for staking rewards will be revealed in the future, which is yet to be finalized, and not presented in the following chart, however, we have released the CTSI Macroeconomy article for further reading in the meantime.
CTSI will have no inflation until the mine reserve is completely depleted, which will happen no earlier than 2023.
The current state of the CTSI distribution curve:
Binance Launchpad Sale tokens comprise 10.00% of the total token supply.
- This has been 100% allocated.
Seed Sale tokens comprise 2.00% of the total token supply.
- 0.93% of the 2.00% has already been allocated through three previous unlocks.
- The next unlock will occur on January 23, 2022 in the amount of 2,857,143 CTSI.
- Unlocks will keep occurring on a quarterly basis thereafter and be fully unlocked on October 23, 2022.
Private Sale tokens comprise 5.00% of the total token supply.
- 1.67% of the 5.00% has already been allocated through three previous unlocks.
- The next unlock will occur on January 23, 2022 in the amount of 5,555,554 CTSI.
- Unlocks will keep occurring on a quarterly basis thereafter and be fully unlocked on April 23, 2023.
Strategic Sale tokens comprise 0.67% of the total token supply.
- This has been 100% allocated.
Team tokens comprise 15.00% of the total token supply.
- 4.29% of the 15.00% has already been allocated through two previous unlocks.
- The next unlock will occur on April 23, 2022 in the amount of 21,428,572 CTSI.
- Unlocks occur twice a year and will be fully unlocked on April 23, 2024.
Advisors tokens comprise 2.11% of the total token supply.
- 1.41% of the 2.11% has already been allocated through two previous unlocks.
- The next and final unlock will occur on April 23, 2022 in the amount of 7,050,001 CTSI.
Foundation Reserve tokens comprise 40.22% of the total token supply.
Mining Reserve tokens comprise 25.00% of the total token supply.
About the Cartesi Foundation
The Cartesi Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Cartesi technology and the decentralization of the Cartesi network.
The Foundation’s mission is to be a supporting member of the Cartesi community, alongside the many devoted contributors and participants that give Cartesi life, through funding, education, grants, strategic alliances, and other focused activities.
The Foundation is committed to supporting the development of the first operating system (OS) for blockchains; bringing mainstream scalability and convenience to developers and users of decentralized applications.
If you’re interested in proposing changes or contributing more, please check out Cartesi Governance: Cartesi Improvement Proposals (CIP) and make suggestions!
Cartesi is the first OS on the blockchain, and their Layer-2 solution integrates Linux and standard programming environments to blockchain. This allows developers to code scalable smart contracts with rich software tools, libraries, and services they are used to.
Cartesi bridges the gap between mainstream software and blockchain, welcoming millions of new startups and their developers to blockchain by bringing Linux to blockchain applications. Cartesi combines a groundbreaking virtual machine, optimistic rollups, and side-chains to revolutionize the way developers create blockchain applications.