Ankr Protocol has released an RPC for yet another highly anticipated blockchain! You can now access Harmony Public and Premium RPCs, make request calls, and receive information returns that mirror the results you would get by running a Harmony full node yourself.
Harmony is a layer-1 blockchain that enhances scalability with sharding and an “Effective Proof of Stake” mechanism to introduce more decentralization and security. Harmony was launched in 2019 and improves interoperability with cross-chain bridges and four shards that contribute to processing transactions in parallel.
Harmony offers incredible advantages for developers looking to build on a highly scalable and decentralized blockchain. However, it needs more developer resources to feed new builders and make it more convenient to create the highly scalable applications it promises to usher in. To cater to the thousands of new developers looking to work with Harmony, Ankr is providing a way they can easily contribute to this booming network.
- The Harmony RPC (Remote Procedure Call) connects your wallet, command-line interface, or dApp with the Harmony blockchain. It acts as a messenger or blockchain router that relays on-chain information between nodes, dApps, and ultimately end-users.
- Ankr’s Harmony RPC endpoints are a gateway for developers to interface directly with Harmony — a portal to communicate easily, remotely, and with no need to go through the DevOps of establishing their own Harmony nodes.
- Ankr is providing a geo-distributed and decentralized Harmony RPC comprised of many independent blockchain nodes running worldwide for low-latency and incredibly reliable connections.
- It can be used by anyone, anywhere, at any time, with no email signup, credit card, or other personal information.
Building with Harmony is an excellent choice to keep things fast and efficient but requires access to the information on Harmony nodes to do so. Therefore, Ankr’s RPC solves the following developer troubles:
- Eliminates difficult node ops — As anyone who has tried knows, running a node is not always as straightforward as it seems. Ankr’s RPC will completely remove the need for many developers to set up their own Harmony node, removing hours of time spent building, calibrating, and fixing node issues.
- Grants access to advanced tools — Ankr gives those who wish to build with Harmony the best tools to build applications quickly. Those who opt for Ankr Protocol’s Premium version can instantly access:
Unlimited Harmony requests
Global node distribution
Private Harmony endpoints
WebSockets (WS) capabilities
- Powers apps and open-source software that need access to Harmony — Connect with a cluster of high-performance nodes that holds the information you need to build and operate dApps with Harmony chain capabilities.
- Supports the Harmony network — Ankr Protocol will strengthen the Harmony network globally by offering easier development and a broader, decentralized node infrastructure. Ankr will incentivize independent and enterprise Harmony node operators to add their nodes to the load balancer in return for ANKR tokens, thus adding many additional Harmony nodes to create a more powerful network.
So far, Ankr Protocol has gained massive traction in the developer community building on chains we support such as:
- Solana (https://rpc.ankr.com/solana)
- Fantom (https://rpc.ankr.com/fantom)
- Ethereum (https://rpc.ankr.com/eth)
- NEAR (https://rpc.ankr.com/near)
- Celo (https://rpc.ankr.com/celo)
- Avalanche (https://rpc.ankr.com/avalanche)
- Polygon (https://rpc.ankr.com/polygon)
- Arbitrum (https://rpc.ankr.com/arbitrum)
- BSC (https://rpc.ankr.com/bsc)
- IoTeX (https://rpc.ankr.com/iotex)
- Nervos (https://rpc.ankr.com/nervos)
- Moonbeam (https://rpc.ankr.com/moonbeam)
- Gnosis (https://rpc.ankr.com/gnosis)
- Harmony (https://rpc.ankr.com/harmony)
Ankr Protocol is just getting started with decentralized infrastructure, and we are planning to add capabilities for an ever-growing number of chains. By having so many developer access points and tools in one place, Ankr is providing a unique and important interface that will enable devs to build a truly multi-chain future. We have RPC capabilities in production currently for many more chains that will become available on our dashboard, housing all our public RPC endpoints with one-click wallet connections, chain activity, analytics, and much more.
Get started today, and head to the Ankr Protocol page to make your first call! You can use the URL: https://rpc.ankr.com/harmony directly in your wallet, command-line interface, or application to call the Harmony chain using the standard EVM JSON RPC methods.