Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022 is an AngelHack hackathon focused on building on Avalanche. Collaborating with partners across the Avalanche ecosystems, this hackathon aims to ensure that hackers have a wide variety of technologies to use to build their projects.
The way people interact with the world has been revolutionized with the onset of blockchain technology. Real-world problems can now be resolved from a thousand miles away, increasing efficiency and creating transparent tools for the masses.
Exploring GameFi and DeFi
While disruptive technologies like GameFi — a portmanteau of “game” and “finance” — and DeFi (decentralized finance) continue to gain momentum in the Web3 scene, we are thrilled to know that there is a groundbreaking project waiting to be built.
Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022 aims to be a space for you to solve problems in DeFi and GameFi using a blazingly fast, low-cost, and eco-friendly platform in the blockchain industry. This is your shot at building industry-transforming innovations powered by Avalanche.
What are you going to create?
🏆 A prize pool of $50K USD (in $AVAX) is up for grabs for extraordinary submissions. If you have a great project idea, this is your chance to showcase them!
The winners of each track will win:
1st Prize: $12K USD
2nd Prize: $8.5K USD
3rd Prize: $4.5K USD
Submissions will be judged under the following criteria:
- Mass Usability
- Technical Complexity
- Ecosystem Impact
- Originality, Creativity & Innovation
Follow the steps outlined below and you will be off to a great start!
- Register for the hackathon.
- Form your teams (refer to instructions on the Participant’s Guide).
- Join the Discord server.
- Join us in person at the Avalanche Hacks | FE Seoul happening from August 11–12!
- Look out for the Challenge Statements Announcement on 11 August, 2022 at 12PM GMT+9.
- Check out the resources parked under the ‘Resources 📚’ section in the Participants’ Guide to navigate your way through building on Avalanche.
- Ideate & build your project!
Get the opportunity to learn from the best in the business through our Technical Workshops conducted by our star-studded lineup of experienced developers and hear from seasoned founders of exciting projects in the ecosystem on their journey building on Avalanche. Mentors will also be on hand throughout the program to guide you on everything from idea validation and conceptualization to building and scaling your project. Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022 is slated to be the event of the season, so sign up and start building today!
The Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022 officially kicks off on the 22nd of August 2022 and will be open for submissions until the 18th of September 2022. While participants can look forward to technical workshops, sharing sessions, and office hours, here are some other key event dates that you should be aware of:
Registrations Open: 25 July 2022
Avalanche Hacks | FE Seoul: 11–12 August 2022
Challenge Statement Announcement: 11 August 2022
Opening Ceremony: 22 August 2022
Registrations Close: 31 August 2022
Submission Deadline: 18 September 2022
Closing Ceremony: 28 September 2022
What is Avalanche?
- Avalanche is the fastest smart contracts platform in the blockchain industry, as measured by time-to-finality. Avalanche is blazingly fast, low cost, and eco-friendly. Any smart contract-enabled application can outperform its competition by deploying on Avalanche.
How do I get started on this hackathon?
- Register for the hackathon to receive all necessary information about resources, guides, and important events after registering via email.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the reveal of the Challenges on the 11th of August and remember to attend the virtual hackathon’s Opening Ceremony on the 22nd of August! For more info, join our Discord server to stay updated on the latest happenings.
Will Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022 be a virtual event?
- Yes! This hackathon will be a fully virtual event. There will be an in-person event before Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022 taking place in Seoul on August 11 and 12.
What are the Challenge Statements? When will the Challenge Statements be announced?
- The Challenge Statements will be first revealed on August 11 at the Avalanche House | FE Seoul!
If I don’t attend Avalanche Hacks | FE Seoul, can I still register for the Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022?
- Definitely! Avalanche Hacks | FE Seoul an opportunity for you to meet the team at Ava Labs, attend informative sessions, and network with fellow developers, but it will not be a barrier for you to join the virtual hackathon Avalanche Hacks | Summer 2022.
- If you’d like to attend the Avalanche Hacks | FE Seoul, do register your interest here.
Do I need to be a developer to be a part of the hackathon?
- This event is open to all!
- We welcome everybody — experienced blockchain or non-blockchain developers who want to learn more about building on/for Avalanche, or are entirely new to Web3.
- So long as you are a legitimate citizen who is not within our list of ineligible countries, have a stable internet connection, and are 18 years old and above. Please refer to the eligibility restrictions section on the Participation Agreement.
Where can I find additional resources to help me build my hackathon project?
- Don’t fret! Upon registration, there will be a curated resource guide for all participants to gain a deeper understanding of the technical know-how, and a compass to guide you through the Avalanche ecosystem (Refer to the ‘Resources’ section on the Participant’s Guide to get yourself acquainted with the Avalanche protocol and its technology).
Strap on and suit up — let’s get ready to rumble.
AngelHack is a global innovation organization, founded on the idea of bringing creators together. Companies from all over the world have chosen them as their partner to engage developers with their technologies through hackathons and events. AngelHack has created an incredibly diverse and global community of change-makers and developers. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram & Facebook.
Avalanche is the fastest smart contracts platform in the blockchain industry, as measured by time-to-finality. Avalanche is blazingly fast, low cost, and eco-friendly. Any smart contract-enabled application can outperform its competition by deploying on Avalanche.