We’re launching a New Rewards Program with a generous prize fund of 28,000 GLM for Beta Testers of our New Network Driver. To become one of our providers and for the chance to earn extra GLMs, simply install and test our New Network Driver for the next month, reporting any major or interesting bugs you discover. We have created this Program to reward community members who are helping us improve the Golem Network.
The New Rewards Program is not a competition. No fees are payable and no purchase is necessary to participate. The Program is provided “as-is” and there is no guarantee that you will earn a reward payout
What does our New Network Driver offer?
Faster. Greater. Better. Our New Network Driver promises faster speeds, reduced response rates, improved scalability, and more. It is the first step towards dApps – in-provider services – which can offer more interesting, complex and useful features, not just batch processing. We are looking to our community to help test this new update. For details of when you can install the New Network Driver, along with the full terms and conditions of the Program, please see below.
- The Program lasts and Reports (as defined below) will be accepted from September 22th, 2022 to October 22th, 2022 or until further notice (“Program period”). Please follow our Discord for the current schedule for this Program.
- Issues that have already been submitted by another user or that are already known to the bug bounty team of Golem Factory GmbH are not eligible for rewards.
- Golem Factory GmbH development team, employees and all other people with any professional connection to Golem, are not eligible for rewards.
- The Program is applicable to issues found during testing binary provided by Golem Factory GmbH downloaded using the installer from Golem Factory GmbH’s official website. Here you can find a guide to help you run the installation process: https://handbook.golem.network/see-also/quick-launch-on-new-network-driver (“Handbook”).
- Other Golem Factory GmbH affiliated websites (in particular golem.network) or infrastructure in general are not part of the Program. These Terms DO NOT provide authorization in respect of any third-party (i.e., a party other than Golem or its affiliates) networks, systems, information, applications, products, or services.
- Rewards are, by definition, voluntary and cannot be used as precedents for future rewards.
- The Program considers a number of variables in determining rewards. The determination of whether or not a reported issue qualifies for a reward, the severity of the issue, the size of a reward, and all other terms related to a reward are at the sole and final discretion of the beta tests team of Golem Factory GmbH.
- Golem Factory GmbH can cancel the beta tests rewards any time.
How to participate
- Full details of how to enter the Program are published on the Program’s Discord page: https://chat.golem.network/ (“Discord”). This Discord is for informational purposes only and in the event of a discrepancy, the terms of this Program shall prevail.
- Public disclosure of an issue makes it ineligible for a reward. If you believe you have found an issue in the Golem’s network blockchain related source code and associated released binaries that are within scope of this Program, we encourage you to let us know right away by submitting a report on our Discord channel for #providers with the subject “Beta Tests Report” (“Report”). You should retain a copy of your Report and records of your participation. Golem is not responsible for providing a copy or record of any element of your participation.
- All feedback, unsolicited and solicited, Reports, and any materials that you submit to us as part of the Program are subject to the Intellectual Property, Grants, and Ownership rights in section below.
Intellectual Property, Grants, and Ownership rights
● We retain all intellectual property rights in our products including, without limitation, all our source code and associated related binaries. Nothing herein shall grant you any right in any part of our products, or any improvement or derivative in any Report you provide us. You agree that to the extent required to abide by these Guidelines, you will waive any and all rights that may otherwise accrue to you in any Report and agree that we will not be obliged to license back any derivative or improvements in any Report to you.
Public announcements regarding the Program will be made in the Golem Discord channel. Notifications in connection with submitted Reports, Reward pay-outs, and your participation in the Program will be made by email using the email address you provide. It is your sole responsibility to receive and monitor those methods of correspondence to receive, review, and respond as needed to notifications. Failure to respond in a timely manner or complete any of the steps set forth in the notification and verification procedures for any reason, including filtering or failure by you to notice or accept a communication from Golem or its representative, may result in your disqualification from receiving the Reward pay-out. Golem reserves the right to contact you for verification purposes and administration of the Program. All Golem’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Program.
Reward Determination Guidelines
The determination of a reward to be paid out will vary depending on severity and other variables, at the full discretion of Golem Factory GmbH, using the guidelines set forth below.
- 100 GLM for installing (until 22 September at 15:00 PM CEST) the beta version and keeping it up and running from 22 September at 15:00 CEST to 22 october 2022 at 15:00 PM CET (for the guide to installing process please see the Handbook). The reward amount of 100 GLM is limited to 1 (one) activated Golem’s node, reserving Golem’s right that only 250 of these rewards in total might be distributed and each user might be rewarded for a maximum of 5 nodes only.
- 300 GLM is for reporting only important and interesting problems or bugs related to the beta version (for up to 10 users). The following minimum criteria will be considered during the evaluation procedure of your Report:
- Relevance – the more important the issue you reported is, the more probable it is we will choose you to be rewarded,
- Time of submission – you shall submit your Report within the specified Program period,
- Legibility of the description – you shall make the Report available in English and without any restriction, in a manner suitable for testing and evaluation.
Golem Factory GmbH reserves the right to change the above rate without prior notice and without the possibility of recourse. Please also note that since this guideline is non-binding, GLM allocations are in the end determined at the sole discretion of the bug bounty team of Golem Factory GmbH and all reward decisions are final.
The award of each Reward will be announced on our Discord or on Golem’s social media channels within a reasonable time during the Program period.
Golem Beta test program is an experimental and discretionary program aimed at encouraging and rewarding improvement of Golem. By participating in the Program, you acknowledge that Golem Factory GmbH can change or cancel the Program at any time, and rewards are paid at the sole discretion of the bug bounty team of the Company. In addition, the Company is not able to issue rewards to individuals who are on the US, Swiss, European (or other) sanctions lists or who are citizens of sanctioned/embargoed countries (eg. North Korea, Iran, Syria, Cuba, etc). The transfer of a reward thus may be made subject to a prior and successful KYC-check of the participant. All recipients of any reward are responsible for all taxes under their respective jurisdictions and situations. All rewards are subject to applicable law. Finally, your testing must not violate any law or compromise any data that is not yours.
Any disputes arising out of, or in connection with, this beta test Program shall be exclusively decided by the ordinary courts of the city of Zug, Switzerland and in accordance with Swiss law.
Note: Golem Factory reserves the right to reply to beta tests messages in a period of more than 24 hours. We are reading everything, yet have to prioritise some reports over others.