Welcome to the Monkeyverse🐵
We’re back with another contest featuring OnChainMonkey!
After showcasing your artistic talents with the OnChainMonkey VoxEdit contest, time to give life to your creations! The Monkeyverse and The Sandbox metaverse are colliding, show us your vision of the Monkeyverse… in voxel! 😉
OnChainMonkey is the first ever pfp collection created all on-chain in a single transaction. OnChainMonkey is led by an experienced team, including Danny Yang who founded Taiwan’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, Amanda Terry who served as a digital media business development executive at Twitter and NBC, and Bill Tai, a legendary venture capitalist who was the first investor in Zoom and early investor in Wish, Canva, Dapper Labs as well as over 20 companies that have become publicly listed. The OnChainMonkey community is building businesses in web3, and strives to “do well and do good,” creating value for token holders and promoting social good. To learn more about OnChainMonkey, visit https://onchainmonkey.com/.
30,000 SAND will be split amongst the top entries the following ways:
Voting will be conducted internally by The Sandbox and the OnChainMonkey team.
- The Game Jam begins on October 5th, 2022.
- The deadline to complete and submit your entry is October 30th 2022, at 3pm UTC.
- Submissions gathering and voting will take place from October 31st till November 25th.
- The results will be announced on December 3rd, 2022.
- Your entry must be designed in the Game Maker software.
- Your entry can include assets you’ve created yourself.
- Your entry must have some playability (quests, missions you name it).
- Your entry must be unique and not a direct copy of any existing experiences (similarities are fine, exact copies are not!).
- Spamming the gallery with a number of low quality experiences just to try and fit into the 4th-10th places may result in all your entries being disqualified.
- Not completing the submission steps correctly (see below) may result in your entry being ineligible.
- The judging will be done by The Sandbox’s staff and OnChainMonkey’s staff.
- Game length should be at least 5 minutes (excluding timed, collection quests).
- Use at least 25 different assets.
- Follow the storyline/theme.
- Experience must be created after the start date (any experiences built for previous game jams cannot be used).
- The Sandbox staff members have the right to remove any entry as they see fit.
We will be using the Game Maker “Gallery” feature as a form for submissions.
You MUST also submit your game to the following form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc8l4d1YzFwXUqRQgZmxYV5y0fLpw1WZgEzbri9lWGS8bn6qw/viewform
WARNING! If you submit your entry to the Game Jam gallery but do not submit it to the form linked above (or vice versa), your entry will not be eligible!
Slow down — check everything! Take the time to submit a qualitative experience, rather than rushing and submitting a half-finished experience.
Who can join the Game Jam?
Anyone who is eligible to create an account at The Sandbox can enter the Game Jam.
Can I use other people’s assets?
No, you cannot use assets that you haven’t created or purchased. Using assets created by another user without permission will result in your experience being disqualified. Default assets created by “TSB-Account-1” and “SandboxGame” are free to use.
Are teams or studios allowed?
Yes! You are welcome to work independently or as a team/studio of no more than 4 members per team.
Where can I get the Game Maker and/or VoxEdit from?
Here are the official links:
Where can I find guides for the Game Maker and VoxEdit software?
Check out the tutorials page on The Sandbox’s official knowledge base here: https://sandboxgame.gitbook.io/the-sandbox/other/tutorials. It’s super effective, if you are a beginner!
You can also join our Discord community, where creators often share tips with each other and post their own tutorials. You can also share your entry with the community for feedback, if you wish. The Discord community link is: https://discord.com/invite/cgCFFjj.
The entries are judged on a 100 points scale divided into the following categories:
- Overall Idea — (25 Points)
- Level/Game Design — (25 Points)
- Creativity — (25 Points)
- Playability — (25 Points)
- Bonus Points: Wow Factor — (Up to 25 Points Extra)